James Jones & Sons Ltd has revealed a new venture it says will dramatically improve the quality, length of life, and environmental benefits of wooden pallets, and significantly reduce their whole life cost.
UPALL® manufactures and fits robust protectors at the points of entry on wooden pallets. This means the pallets last longer, need far fewer repairs and stay in circulation for longer than conventional non-protected pallets.
The protectors are based on the US pointGUARD invention, which UPALL® has redesigned and developed for the European market.
Tests on the protectors at Virginia Tech show that they increase the lifespan of a wooden pallet by three times and potentially longer. This is because UPALL® – protected pallets experience substantially less damage with significantly fewer wood chippings and debris. This reduces downtime, equipment maintenance and housekeeping, and improves safety.
A UPALL® protected pallet remains in circulation earning money for longer with quantifiable savings in inspection, repair, transport and trip costs.
Gil Covey, Chairman of UPALL® Ltd, said, “The UPALL®-protected pallet is a truly innovative and ground-breaking development in wooden pallets, which are critical to so many supply chains.
“Rigorous independent testing and trials show that this proprietary product brings remarkable increases to the lifespan of a pallet and reduces its cost significantly. Meanwhile, the considerable increase in service life gives significant environmental advantages over unprotected wooden pallets.”
The protectors can be supplied in corporate colours, with printed logos and other designs. The enhanced appearance of the pallets makes them ideal for display directly at the point of sale in retailers.
More information on UPALL®: www.upallpallets.com
- James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK timber industry’s largest and most progressive timber companies.
- The UPALL® product uses virgin copolymer polypropylene pallet protectors, which are fitted to new high-quality, heat-treated and kiln-dried wooden euro pallets (800 x 1,200).
- UPALL® pallet-protectors guard key components of the pallets – blocks and base boards. The pallet is therefore much more resistant to impact, giving lower damage rates and extending the lifespan of the pallet.
- Quality construction and consistent dimensional tolerances ensure the pallets remain suitable for all mainstream handling equipment and are compatible with automated handling and storage applications.
- The pallets and their protectors are completely repairable to maintain high quality standards. All materials used are fully recyclable.
- UPALL® has registered for full European patent and trademark protection.
- UPALL® pallet protectors are currently available for Euro pallet sizes with other pallet specifications planned for the future.